Cold brew is the perfect drink to make for the summer, and to make things even better, adding a scoop of ice cream. I mean, who needs milk in their coffee when you can get ice cream. You can get both your caffeine and sugar kick for the day!
- ¾ cup (85g) – fresh coarsely-ground coffee
- 4 cups (960ml) – filtered water
- Your favorite non-dairy vanilla ice cream
- Large jar or container with a lid that can fit over 4 cups
- Fine mesh strainer
- Coffee filter or cheesecloth
- Take a large jar/container that can fit a little over 4 cups. I used a 4 cup pyrex measuring glass. Combine the coffee and water, and stir to combine. Cover with a lid or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. Let the coffee sit in room temp for 12-18 hours.
- When your cold brew is ready, take a fine mesh strainer and place a coffee filter or cheesecloth over. Pour the coffee through the strainer into a liquid measuring cup or pitcher. Allow to chill in the fridge or use it right away. (See notes)
- To serve, fill a glass with ice and fill it with the cold brew. Add a scoop of your favorite non-dairy vanilla ice cream and enjoy! If you find the coffee is too strong you can add in a bit of water to dilute it. The cold brew will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Adding a coffee filter or cheesecloth over the strainer will help the filter the beans thoroughly and catch any fine bits.
- If you want to make a bigger batch, just double or triple the quantity.
Keywords: drinks, ice cream, cold brew, coffee