This vegan eggnog is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. So why settle for the store-bought stuff when you can make it at home, and it tastes way better too? You’re gonna love this vegan holiday drink, trust me!
This is a small batch recipe, click on the 2x or 3x button to get the increased measurements.
- 1 cup – soymilk
- ½ cup – full-fat coconut milk, canned
- 1 tablespoon – agave
- 2 tablespoons – vanilla pudding mix, I used the European Gourmet Organics brand https://amzn.to/2I1xFJH
You can also use the Jell-O Vanilla Pudding mix (they’re accidentally vegan)
- ¼ teaspoon – ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon – ground cinnamon
- A splash of rum, optional
- Jar or container
If using the Jell-O vanilla instant pudding mix:
- All you need to do is shake up all the ingredients in a mason jar and let it sit for a few minutes to thicken!
For the cook-to-serve version:
- Combine the soy milk, coconut milk, agave, vanilla pudding mix, nutmeg, and cinnamon into a small saucepan. Place it over medium heat.
- Cook over medium heat, for about 5-8 minutes, or until hot. Making sure to stir constantly. (We are not bringing this up to a boil. We are only heating up the mixture to activate the thickening agent.)
- Remove from heat and set aside to let it cool to room temp.
- Pour it into a container or jar, and place it in the fridge to chill for one hour.
- Serve over ice (you can add rum if you like!) and enjoy!
- If you can replace the milk with your favorite non-dairy milk. I like to add coconut milk to add a bit of richness to the drink!
- To check if a brand of rum is vegan-friendly, you can check out barnivore.com
Keywords: vegan, vegan eggnog recipe, eggnog recipe, vegan holiday drink, vegan holiday drink recipe, eggnog, egg-less eggnog