This version of Avocado con Yelo is a bit fancier than how it’s typically made!
Milk Shaved Ice
- 1/2 cup – non-dairy milk, I used soy
- 1/4 cup – sugar
- 1/4 cup – vegan condensed milk, I used Nature’s Charm Coconut Condensed Milk
- 2 cups – ice cubes
- 2 avocado, ripe
- Vegan Condensed Milk
- Optional: Vegan vanilla ice cream
- High-speed blender
- 2 cups for serving
- Make your milk shaved ice. In a high-speed blender, combine the non-dairy milk, sugar, coconut condensed milk, and ice cubes. Blend until you get a shaved-ice-like consistency.
- Assemble. In a bowl, combine your milk shaved ice, diced avocados, and drizzle with more vegan condensed milk! You want this to be sweet! And if you want to get a little bit fancy, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- If you can’t find condensed milk, add 1/4 cup more sugar to your milk shaved ice mixture.
- No blender? You can simply just combine the milk, sugar, and condensed milk together and use ice cubes! This is how it’s traditionally eaten.
Keywords: vegan, vegan filipino, vegan filipino recipes, filipino, avocado recipe, avocado con yelo