Mushroom Garlic Pasta is one of my favorite dishes to make. Comes together in less than 30 minutes, and it’s always a winner. This recipe was inspired by a similar dish I ate back in Italy. This is easy to whip up when you want a quick dinner for yourself, or even for a very special occasion (like a romantic date night).
- 8 oz (224g or half of one package) – spaghetti noodles (Make sure it’s vegan! I used Barilla)
- 3 tablespoons (42g) – vegan butter, divided
- ¼ cup (60g) – extra virgin olive oil
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 (8 oz packs or 227g) – baby bella or cremini mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon – chili flakes, add more if you like a bit of heat
- Truffle oil or more extra virgin olive oil, for finishing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, to top
- Large pot
- Large saute pan with high sides
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Fine mesh sieve
- Before you start cooking, make sure you have all your ingredients prepped and ready. And bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Once your water is at a rolling boiling, add about a tablespoon worth of salt to the water. Stir to dissolve.
- Next, add in your dry pasta, and cook until just a shy of al dente, about 1 minute less than the package directs.
- Before you drain the water, carefully scoop out a 1/4 cup of the pasta water and set it aside. Drain the rest of the water from the pasta and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, while the pasta cooks, heat a large saute pan with high sides over medium heat. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add the garlic. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, or until lightly golden. Don’t let the garlic get too brown or crispy, or it’ll make the dish bitter.
- Next, add in the mushrooms and stir frequently until they release excess liquid. Continue to cook until most of the liquid has been cooked off. Season it with salt and pepper.
- In the same saute pan, add in the rest of the butter, extra virgin olive oil, and chili flakes
- Increase the heat to high and transfer the cooked pasta to the saute pan, along with the reserved pasta water. Stirring and tossing rapidly, until a creamy emulsified sauce forms and coats the noodles. Season with a bit more salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat, drizzle a bit of olive oil or truffle oil, stir to combine. Top with some fresh parsley, and serve right away.
Keywords: vegan, vegan recipe, vegan pasta recipe, vegan mushroom garlic pasta, pasta recipe, mushroom garlic pasta, italian recipe, vegan italian recipe, pasta