The dirt cups are definitely to die for. The richness of the pudding is balanced out with the neutral tones of the Oreo cookies. It’s a simple recipe and takes no time at all! What’s perfect is you can get creative with these, and is fun for the kids!
- 1 ½ cups (360ml) – soy milk
- 1 ½ cups (360ml) – full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons (15g) – cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons (32g) – cornstarch
- ½ cup (100g) – sugar
- ⅔ cups (140g) – chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon – vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large pack of Oreo’s
- 1–2 packs of Surf Sweets Gummy Worms https://amzn.to/33cXZau (optional, and also vegan!)
- 3–4 bars – vegan white chocolate https://amzn.to/35lNkwB (Optional, use any vegan white chocolate you can find)
- Gravestone silicone mold https://amzn.to/3hfLpMz (optional)
- Medium saucepan
- Heatproof whisk
- Mixing Bowl
- Bowl Cover
- Food processor
- Serving cups
Pudding (Do this the night before or early morning)
- In a cold saucepan, combine the soy milk, coconut milk, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and sugar. Place the saucepan over medium heat and allow it to bubble, stirring regularly. Cook for about 2 minutes, while you continue to stir. You’ll feel it start to thicken.
- Remove the pudding from the heat, and stir in the chocolate chips, vanilla, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Run the pudding through a sieve and into a mixing bowl, this is to make sure there are no lumps.
- Gently place a plastic wrap over the surface of the pudding. This is to prevent a skin from forming on the top.
- Allow the pudding to cool to room temp, and place it in the fridge to set.
White Chocolate Gravestones (Optional):
- In a microwaveable safe plastic bowl, place your non-dairy white chocolate chips and microwave it in 30 second increments. Stirring in between with a rubber spatula.
- Keep microwaving the chocolate until you get half melted chocolate and half solid chips. Stop there, and with continue to mix the chocolate all together until all the solid chocolate has melted.
- In the gravestone silicone mold, fill up each section with chocolate. Tap the mold gently to release any air bubbles.
- Let the chocolate set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Separate the cream all the Oreo cookies. Save the cream for something else if you’d like!
- Using a food processor, pulse the cookies until you get a sand-like consistency. If you do not own a food processor, you can put the cookies in a Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin or any object to break the cookies down.
- Set aside!
- Prepare your cups, pudding, and crushed Oreo’s ready for assembly.
- Start with a layer of pudding and then the crushed Oreo’s, repeat until have reached the top. Make sure the top layer is the crushed Oreo’s!
- Decorate with your gummy worms and gravestones! But you can totally add whatever you want, get creative and enjoy!
- Do not use light or reduced fat coconut milk, you need the fat content to successfully make this recipe.
- You can also use 1 type of milk, I highly suggest something with a lot of fat, like cashew milk. It’ll give the pudding it’s richness and it will give the best texture.
Keywords: vegan, vegan dessert, vegan dessert recipe, vegan halloween recipe, vegan halloween, vegan halloween treat, halloween, halloween recipe, dirt cups, vegan dirt cups, vegan halloween dirt cups, chocolate, vegan candy, vegan chocolate, easy recipe