Fall isn’t complete without a delicious and sweet pumpkin spice syrup to add to your coffee or tea! So easy to make and you only need a few pantry-friendly ingredients! So much better than the artificial stuff you get at the stores or even at the coffee shops.
- 2 tablespoons – pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filliing)
- ½ cup (120ml) – water
- 1 cup (200g) – dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon – pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon – vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Medium saucepan
- Bowl or large measuring cup
- Jar or bottle with a lid
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water and pumpkin puree. Mix well.
- Next, add the brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla bean paste to the water. Mix to combine.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat. Stir the mixture until the sugar has dissolved. Then turn down the heat to low and allow the syrup to simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the syrup to cool completely before using. It’ll get thick and syrupy once it has cooled.
- Transfer it to a jar or bottle with a lid and keep it in the fridge. Add it to your coffee, tea, or any drink you want to sweeten up!
- Sugar Substitutions – I love using dark brown sugar for this recipe because it gives the syrup a nice caramel flavor, but you can substitute it for coconut sugar, cane sugar, or even light brown sugar. I have not tried this with agave or maple syrup, so I can’t say that it will work the same.
- Vanilla extract/paste – I love adding vanilla paste because it just brings out a better flavor, but you can certainly use vanilla extract.
- Can I make this a sugar-free pumpkin spice syrup? I haven’t personally made this syrup sugar-free before, so I can’t say how this recipe will turn out using sugar-free alternatives.
- Is this the same as the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte? I can’t say for certain since the syrup in Starbucks isn’t vegan. But when I make coffee at home, it’s pretty dang tasty and also better for you, sort of.
- How much do I put in my coffee? Use as much as you want, it’s up to your preference!
Keywords: vegan, vegan syrup, coffee syrup, pumpkin spice syrup, pumpkin spice, drink, coffee, fall recipe