Vegan pumpkin cream cold brew finally exists, and this version probably tastes better than the ones at any coffee shop. If you like pumpkin spice and if you like cold brew coffee, then you need to try this recipe! All vegan, and all homemade, what could be better than that?
- 1 tablespoon – Barista blend dairy-free milk, I used Oatly
- 3 tablespoons – Dairy-free heavy whipping cream, I used Silk see notes for substitutions
- 2 tablespoons – Powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons – Pumpkin spice syrup, click here for the recipe
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon – Pumpkin spice syrup, click here for the recipe
- 1 cup – pure black cold brew, I used Califia Farms Pure Black Cold Brew Coffee
- Pumpkin pie spice, for sprinkling
- Cup/bowl for frothing
- Frother or an electric hand mixer
- Drinking glass for serving
- In a cup, combine the barista blend dairy-free milk, dairy-free heavy whipping cream, pumpkin spice syrup, powdered sugar, and salt. Mix the milk with a frother/electric hand mixer until it is thick and creamy.
- In your favorite glass, pour the pumpkin spice syrup and cold brew. Mix to dissolve the syrup. Pour in the ice, top it off with cold foam, and sprinkle over some pumpkin pie spice. Serve and enjoy!
- Substitutions for heavy whipping cream:
- Full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream: Will whip up nicely, but will give off a coconut taste.
- It must be full-fat, or else it won’t whip properly.
- How to whip coconut milk or coconut cream: Place the unopened can of coconut milk or cream in the fridge overnight. The next day, flip the can over so that the bottom is now at the top. Open the can, and you’ll notice that the milk solids and water have separated. Drain the excess water, scoop out the cream and continue with the recipe above.
- Why barista blend milk and heavy cream? Heavy cream is quite thick on its own, adding a touch of milk will help loosen the texture.
- Why barista blend dairy-free milk? They are formulated to give the perfect microfoam texture as you froth it.
- Can I use regular dairy-free milk? Yes, but the cream might not hold as well.
- You can use store-bought cold brew like I did or you can also make your own.
Keywords: vegan, vegan drink, vegan pumpkin cream cold brew, vegan cream, cold brew, pumpkin spice drink, fall recipe